Nutella Cookies

Peanut butter cookies are my favorite, and I make them a lot.  Which means I bring them to work very often.  One of my co-workers is sadly alergic to peanuts, not the Im going to die alergic, but the kind where you get very bad GI symptoms.. so needless to say, she is sad when she cant partake in the baked goods.  The other day she requested that I make some with nutella rather than peanut butter.  Well I scoured the recipe boards, and saw no recipes that I really liked.  So I decided to input nutella into my favorite peanut butter cookie recipe and go from there.  Turns out nutella has a few different properties than peanut butter, it is less oily so the cookie looses moisture quickly (adjustment in baking time was needed).  Also because it has chocolate in it, it is more acidic than peanut butter ( this would call for more baking soda than normal).  I think they turned out really good, and I went ahead and added the valentines sprinkles I had laying around.

Nutella Cookies

Ingredients
1c Butter Flavored Crisco
1c Nutella
1c White Sugar
1c Brown Sugar
2 eggs
1tsp Vanilla
3c Flour
2tsp Baking Soda

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cream crisco, nutella and sugars together.  Add eggs and vanilla until combined well.
3. In a seperate bowl wisk flour and baking soda.  Add dry ingredients to the sugar mixture and mix till combined.
4. Scoop 2 inch balls and roll in sprinkles or sugar and place on a parchment lined baking sheet 2 inches apart.  With the bottom of a glass flatten balls to 1/2inch thick
5. Bake for 8-10min or until the tops are cracked and edges are set
6. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 min, then remove and continue cooling on wire rack until completely cooled.

0 comments:

Post a Comment