Ruffle Tissue Backdrop



I made this cute little backdrop for the upcoming Hello Kitty bridal party I am having. I know you want it, so here is a post on how to make it!


You will need:
-A large box (flattened)
-Packing tape
-wrapping paper
-Tissue Paper
-glue
-sponge brush



Instructions:

Tape box flaps so that they are held together




Wrap cardboard box using the white side of the wrapping paper. Here I used Christmas wrapping paper I had laying around.






Prep: fold pieces of tissue paper in half, have glue and sponge brush handy




Put a line of glue on the wrapping paper and glue down left edge of tissue paper.. also put a line of glue where the top of the tissue paper will lie.. then fold tissue paper over itself to make ruffles and place on board. Press with a sponge brush and add glue as needed.




Layer another color overlaping the first layer to hide glued edges. Make sure to let the tissue to hang over far left edge to cover cardboard completely



Continue with layering alternate colors.. I used pink and white.



Then stand up and show it off!!


1 comments:

Me. Us. She. said...
May 2, 2011 at 3:05 PM

Thanks for the comment on my blog. The link you posted was really interesting and I found the comments on that link so helpful and thought provoking. Nice to "meet" you. I'm glad you commented! :)

Post a Comment