Confetti Cookies / Funfetti Cookies

Have you guys seen all of the new rage on the recipe boards?  Using birthday cake mix for unusuall things like truffles, rice crispies and pancakes?  Well we were invited to an improptu multiple birthday party this weekend and so I decided to go the easy route and try out cookies using cake mix.  It only has 3 ingredients  (cake mix, oil, and eggs)  my recipe has 4 because i was unhappy with the sprinkle ammount and used more.  I would say I am not a fan of box mixes.. I think they are too sweet and I just love makeing things from scratch.  I know that the cake mix is a taste of childhood for some people so I decided to go for this.  Well they were beautiful, soft cookies.. but as suspected, way too sweet for my taste.  I think these would be wonderful for school birthday parties though, where the kids love sweet things. Also, you can try with other flavor cake mix, like devils food or red velvet!



Recipe Modified from Here.



INGREDIENTS

1
(18.9-oz.) pkg. Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Funfetti® Cake Mix
1/3
cup oil
2
eggs

1/2 c  Rainbow sprinkles

Directions.
1. Preheat oven to 375. In a bowl mix cake mix with oil and eggs until just combined.
2. Add 1/4 cup of the sprinkles in the dough and fold in
3. Scoop one inch balls onto parchment lined cookie sheets, roll the tops in the left over sprinkles and place on cookie sheets.  using the bottom of a glass, press the balls down until they are 1/4 inch thick
4. bake for 6-8 min, then cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely 


0 comments:

Post a Comment