Jonathan Adler Dining Room on a Budget


Jonathan Adler is by far my favorite designer.. he has happy, colorful designs.  And lets not forget about his Malibu Barbie house that he did.. Love.  Well this summer I was sort of getting stir crazy in my house.  This is our 4th year in this house and I needed a change.. so instead of moving I started redecorating, room by room.  I started with the dinning room and I am sooooo proud of it.  I used a Jonathan Adler dining room as inspiration.

So here is what we did
1. Painted our existing table Knights Armor Grey and our existing chairs with yellow spray paint and covered them with white seat covers
2. Ordered a chevron rug from ebay
3. Got turquoise curtains from pier one
4. Got a turquoise vase from home goods
5. Made a canvas piece from this tutorial
6. Got a book shelf for my cookbooks and set up an entry way display including a knock of jonathan adler book ends set that I found at Homegoods for 5 bucks.

Here are the finished pictures!

 Do you see the dog bookends?? the Jonathan Adler ones are 30-40bucks and I got these ones for 5bucks!

 Here is a view from the hallway

This is a view from the kitchen

2 comments:

Natalie said...
January 8, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Thanks so much for sharing your canvas with me!!!! It turned awesome! I love the colors and the size of canvas you choose :)

-Natalie

mss said...
February 4, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Looks awesome Nicole! I am totally in a yellow phase myself :-)

Greetings from Baltimore. I am actually in a blogging phase myself: check it out: http://cookinginthecloud.wordpress.com/
-Megan

Post a Comment